Frontload your body with protective antioxidants, replenishing electrolytes, & immunity-boosting phytonutrients with our newest formula!
TEMPO: ALL SYSTEMS GO
As seasoned festival lovers can tell you, preparation begins well before you arrive. Your body is no different – taking Tempo before a wild night will fill your body with the neuro-protective antioxidants, immune-boosting herbs, & replenishing electrolytes it needs to counteract the effects of damaging free radicals & late nights. Whether a wild house party, wine night with friends, or a multi-day festival, Tempo will help protect your body & combat hangovers, leaving you ready to enjoy whatever comes next.
The science is clear: due to the science behind recovery, best results come from distinct pre- & post- formulas. Tempo is our custom pre-load blend; check out Harmony for your daily & post-event revitalization.
Directions: Take one serving 1-2 hours before & 1-2 hours after event. For multi-day events, take one serving daily starting three days prior; during event days, take two servings daily, morning & night.
Tempo Ingredient List
Over 20 vitamins, herbs, & minerals to protect your body from the festival blues!
Neuroprotective Antioxidant Blend*
TEMPO, is filled with essential antioxidants that play an important role in your body’s natural defenses. Studies have shown that by having a high amount of antioxidants available your body may be able to reduce the duration and severity of symptoms and the overall length of illnesses such as cold and flu. Antioxidants also help the body fight against free-radicals, harmful unstable molecules responsible for the neurotoxic damage which can occur while partying at festivals and raves. Antioxidants help prevent damage to the body by neutralizing free radicals, and protect against the negative effects they can have on the brain.
- Vitamin B6: B6 aids in supporting the immune system, helps maintain healthy nerve and brain function, assists in nerve communication, and is an essential cofactor in the production of serotonin and dopamine.
- Vitamin C: Studies have shown that supplementing with Vitamin C before partying can help protect the brain by suppressing the generation of free radicals, which in turn reduces neurotoxicity. Additionally, Vitamin C boosts the immune system by stimulating both the production and function of white blood cells. If your immune system is overwhelmed by free radicals (like the kind alcohol and many substances create) it won’t have a chance to fight off invading bacteria and viruses. Vitamin C has also been shown to promote recovery after raving.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a safe and natural mineral which helps alleviate muscle contractions, as well as minimizes jaw clenching and soreness. We use Magnesium glycinate in our formula because it is one of the most bioavailable form of magnesium and won’t cause loose stools.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: This naturally occurring amino acid acts as an antioxidant that provides the brain with protective and healing energy. Studies have shown that that supplementing with Acetyl-L-Carnitine may exert effective neuroprotection against neurotoxicity at the mitochondrial level. Additionally, Acetyl-L-carnitine has four remarkable benefits for your brain and entire nervous system, including; keeping neurons healthy and energetic, repairing and protecting membrane signal receptors, protecting neurons from the damage of stress, and helping to promote memory function. Acetyl-L-Carnitine shows better absorption and neuroprotection than L-Carnitine.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as the “universal antioxidant”, ALA is able to function in both fatty and aqueous states. Studies have shown that 100 mg of ALA prevented the serotonergic deficits and the changes in the glial response induced by partying. ALA also has the amazing ability to recycle antioxidants. Usually, after an antioxidant does its job of protecting your body against free radicals, it cannot be used again. However, this ability can be restored and ALA aids in the regeneration of these antioxidants so they are able to continue to combat more dangerous free-radicals. In addition to their protective properties, ALA also helps repair any molecules previously damaged by free-radicals.
- Grape Seed Extract: This natural concentrate of Vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleum, and tannins acts as a potent antioxidant which neutralizes and eliminates harmful free-radicals. Grape seed extract not only helps reduce free-radical damage, but also decreases inflammation and promotes healthy blood flow.
- Coenzyme Q-10: This fat-soluble, vitamin-like coenzyme functions in every cell in the body to generate energy. Located in the mitochondria, or the “powerhouse” of the cell, Coenzyme Q10 (also known as CoQ10) is used to generate energy in the form of ATP. Remember ATP from high school biology? Studies show that low levels of CoQ10 contribute to the depletion of serotonin in the brain after raving.
Immune support blend
Using traditional herbal medicine, we’ve formulated a custom blend for strengthening the body’s resistance to illness by boosting immune system components. This is super important at festivals when your immune system is easily compromised from inhaling dust, out in the sun all day, up dancing all night, and around thousands of people.
Astragalus Root: A powerful antiviral and adaptogenic herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. As an adaptogen it helps your body respond to stress in a healthy way and as an immune regulator it keeps your system strong before the onset of symptoms. One study found that Echinacea, Astragalus, and Licorice all stimulated activation of CD4 and CD8 T cells (type of lymphocytes which are white blood cells that are crucial to our immune system) in human subjects within 24 hours after ingestion, with continued activation for 7 days.
Echinacea Purpurea: Echinacea is one of the most popular herbs in America. It grows abundantly across the country and its flowers have important immune boosting properties. Echinacea has been used to help shorten the duration of cold and flu and reduce symptoms such as sore throat, cough, and fever. It’s commonly used to boost the immune system and help the body fight infections. Studies suggest that white blood cells and spleen cells, whose primary function is to fight infection, increase in number when Echinacea is taken. One meta analysis of several studies concluded that “evidence indicates that echinacea potently lowers the risk of recurrent respiratory infections and complications thereof. Immune modulatory, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory effects might contribute to the observed clinical benefits, which appear strongest in susceptible individuals.”
Licorice Root: Licorice is said to be one of the most extensively researched medicinal plants, and it has a lengthy list of versatile uses to match. It is also considered an adaptogenic herb because of its role in helping your body adapt to stress. Stress can weaken the immune system so using adaptogens may help manage your internal response to stress. Used in both Western and Chinese herbalism, this magical herb is a remedy for cold and cough, helps support digestion, eases acid reflux, soothes a sore throat, acts as an anti-inflammatory, and provides immune system support.
Ginger Root: Ginger has several antibacterial properties and has been found in scientific research to help enhance the protective functions of the immune system. Ayurvedic medicine has praised ginger’s ability to boost the immune system for centuries and credits gingers warming effect as what helps break down the accumulation of toxins. Aside from being an incredible immune booster, this versatile herb is also great at alleviating nausea and upset stomach.
Zinc: Zinc is an essential trace mineral that plays a vital role in the human body and helps keep the immune system strong. Studies have found that zinc helps fight infection and can reduce the duration of a cold by as much as 50%.
Liver Support Blend
The liver constantly works hard to help defend us from toxins, acting like a filter and removing harmful substances from the body. This custom blend is designed to help your liver protect you against toxicity and avoid a nasty hangover.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine: NAC is a protein with years of scientific research to back up its clinical effectiveness. NAC is the precursor of glutathione and its powerful health benefits arise from its ability to restore intracellular levels of glutathione. Glutathione is a very important compound because it’s your body’s own powerful antioxidant and detoxifier. It plays an extremely important role in the liver since it helps your body break down toxins. This can be extremely beneficial if you are drinking and can help diminish a hangover. Ultimately, glutathione helps your liver protect you against toxicity.
Milk Thistle Seed: Milk thistle is an herb native to the Mediterranean and has been used for over 2,000 years. While it has many different benefits, milk thistle is well-known for supporting the liver in its role as our bodies detoxifier. Milk thistle has been shown to decrease, and even reverse, damage to the liver. It helps rebuild liver cells while removing toxins from the body. Milk thistle is especially effective at naturally reversing the harmful effects of alcohol consumption.
Dandelion Root: Dandelions, which grow like weeds in most parts of North America are great in helping protect and cleanse the liver. The vitamins and nutrients present in dandelions help cleanse our livers and keep them working properly. Dandelions contain vast amounts of potassium that restore the mineral balance in the kidneys as toxins are flushed out. The high amount of vitamins, calcium, potassium and other trace minerals in Dandelion’s root help keep the body in balance. Dandelions also have highly volatile and bitter constituents in the root which work in isolating toxins in the body and flushing them out.
Electrolytes are what your cells use to maintain voltages across their cell membranes, and carry electrical impulses across to other cells. Hence, electrolytes are extremely important in regulating nerve and muscle function, body’s hydration, blood pH, blood pressure, and the rebuilding of damaged tissues. Electrolyte imbalance can occur from many things. For example, when a person dances all day at a festival they lose electrolytes in their sweat, particularly potassium and sodium. Also, when a person drinks alcohol they become dehydrated and lose a lot of essential electrolytes through their urine. An imbalanced level of vital electrolytes can lead to headaches, weak muscles, muscle contractions, cramps, or even severe cardiac conditions and heart palpitations. The electrolyte complex in our formula helps replenish lost electrolytes to maintain healthy, stable electrical impulses within the body.