Frontload your body with protective antioxidants, replenishing electrolytes, & immunity-boosting phytonutrients with our newest formula!
TEMPO: ALL SYSTEMS GO
As seasoned festival lovers can tell you, preparation begins well before you arrive. Your body is no different – taking Tempo before a wild night will fill your body with the neuro-protective antioxidants, immune-boosting herbs, & replenishing electrolytes it needs to counteract the effects of damaging free radicals & late nights. Whether a wild house party, wine night with friends, or a multi-day festival, Tempo will protect your brain & combat hangovers, leaving you ready to enjoy whatever comes next.
The science is clear: due to the nature of serotonin, best results come from distinct pre- & post- formulas. Tempo is our custom pre-load blend; check out Harmony for your daily & post-event revitalization.
Directions: Take one serving 1-2 hours before & 1-2 hours after event. For multi-day events, take one serving daily starting three days prior; during event days, take two servings daily, morning & night.
Tempo Ingredient List
Over 20 vitamins, herbs, & minerals to protect your body from the festival blues!
Neuroprotective Antioxidant Blend
- Antioxidants help the body fight against free-radicals, harmful unstable molecules responsible for the neurotoxic damage which can occur after MDMA use. Antioxidants help prevent damage to the body by neutralizing free radicals, and protect against the negative effects they can have on the brain.
- Vitamin B6: B6 aids in supporting the immune system, helps maintain healthy nerve and brain function, assists in nerve communication, and is an essential cofactor in the production of serotonin and dopamine.
- Vitamin C: Studies have shown that supplementing with Vitamin C before MDMA use can help protect the brain by suppressing the generation of free radicals, which in turn reduces neurotoxicity. Additionally, Vitamin C boosts the immune system by stimulating both the production and function of white blood cells. If your immune system is overwhelmed by free radicals (like the kind alcohol and many substances create) it won’t have a chance to fight off invading bacteria and viruses. Vitamin C has also been shown to promote serotonin recovery after raving.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a safe and natural mineral which helps alleviate muscle contractions, as well as minimizes jaw clenching and soreness. We use Magnesium glycinate in our formula becuase it is the most bioavailable form of magnesium and won’t cause loose stools. Aside from it muscle relaxing benefits, magnesium is required for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Some of the many health benefits of magnesium include transmission of nerve impulses, detoxification, body temperature regulation, and energy production.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: This naturally occurring amino acid acts as an antioxidant that provides the brain with protective and healing energy. Studies have shown that that supplementing with Acetyl-L-Carnitine exerts effective neuroprotection against MDMA-induced neurotoxicity at the mitochondrial level. Additionally, Acetyl-L-carnitine has four remarkable benefits for your brain and entire nervous system, including; keeping neurons healthy and energetic, repairing and protecting membrane signal receptors, protecting neurons from the damage of stress, and helping to promote memory function. Acetyl-L-Carnitine shows better absorption and neuroprotection than L-Carnitine.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as the “universal antioxidant”, ALA is able to function in both fatty and aqueous states. Studies have shown that 100 mg of ALA prevented the serotonergic deficits and the changes in the glial response induced by MDMA. ALA also has the amazing ability to recycle antioxidants. Usually, after an antioxidant does its job of protecting your body against free radicals, it cannot be used again. However, this ability can be restored and ALA aids in the regeneration of these antioxidants so they are able to continue to combat more dangerous free-radicals. In addition to their protective properties, ALA also helps repair any molecules previously damaged by free-radicals.
- Grape Seed Extract: This natural concentrate of Vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleum, and tannins acts as a potent antioxidant which neutralizes and eliminates harmful free-radicals. Grape seed extract not only helps reduce free-radical damage, but also decreases inflammation and promotes healthy blood flow.
- Coenzyme Q-10: This fat-soluble, vitamin-like coenzyme functions in every cell in the body to generate energy. Located in the mitochondria, or the “powerhouse” of the cell, Coenzyme Q10 (also known as CoQ10) is used to generate energy in the form of ATP. Remember ATP from high school biology? Studies show that low levels of CoQ10 contribute to the depletion of serotonin in the brain when using MDMA.
Immune support blend
Echinacea Purpurea: Echinacea is one of the most popular herbs in America. It grows abundantly in the Pacficic Northwest, and its flowers have important immune boosting properties. Echinacea has been used to help shorten the duration of the common cold and flu, and reduce symptoms such as sore throat, cough, and fever. It commonly used to boost the immune system and help the body fight infections. Studies suggest that white blood cells and spleen cells, whose primary function is to fight infection, increase in number when Echinacea is taken.
Astragalus Root: Astragalus root is a powerful antiviral and adaptogenic herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries, and its main function is to boost the body’s immune system. Scientific studies have shown that astragalus has antiviral properties and stimulates the immune system, suggesting that it may help prevent the common cold or flu.
Licorice Root: Licorice is said to be one of the most extensively researched medicinal plants, and it has a lengthy list of versatile uses to match. Used in both Western and Chinese herbalism, this magical herb is a remedy for cold and cough, helps support digestion, eases acid reflux, soothes a sore throat, acts as an anti-inflammatory, and provides immune system support. Additionally, in Chinese herbalism it is said that licorice helps to harmonize other herbs and can be used as an antidote for a variety of toxic substances.
Ginger Root: Ginger has several antibacterial properties and has been found in scientific research to help enhance the protective functions of the immune system. Ayurvedic medicine has praised ginger’s ability to boost the immune system for centuries and credits gingers warming effect as what helps break down the accumulation of toxins. Aside from being an incredible immune booster, this versatile herb is also great at alleviating nausea and upset stomach.
Zinc: Zinc is an essential trace mineral that plays a vital role in the human body and helps keep the immune system strong. Studies have found that zinc helps fight infection and can reduce the duration of a cold by as much as 50%.
Liver Support Blend
N-Acetyl-Cysteine: NAC is a protein with years of scientific research to back up its clinical effectiveness. NAC is the precursor of glutathione and its powerful health benefits arise from its ability to restore intracellular levels of glutathione. Glutathione is a very important compound because it’s your body’s own powerful antioxidant and detoxifier. It plays an extremely important role in the liver since it helps your body break down toxins. This can be extremely beneficial if you are drinking and can help diminish a hangover. Ultimately, glutathione helps your liver protect you against toxicity.
Milk Thistle Seed: Milk thistle is an herb native to the Mediterranean and has been used for over 2,000 years. While it has many different benefits, milk thistle is well-known for supporting the liver in its role as our bodies detoxifier. Milk thistle has been shown to decrease, and even reverse, damage to the liver. It helps rebuild liver cells while removing toxins from the body. Milk thistle is especially effective at naturally reversing the harmful effects of alcohol consumption.
Dandelion Root: Dandelions, which grow like weeds in most parts of North America are great in helping protect and cleanse the liver. The vitamins and nutrients present in dandelions help cleanse our livers and keep them working properly. Dandelions contain vast amounts of potassium that restore the mineral balance in the kidneys as toxins are flushed out. The high amount of vitamins, calcium, potassium and other trace minerals in Dandelion’s root help keep the body in balance. Dandelions also have highly volatile and bitter constituents in the root which work in isolating toxins in the body and flushing them out.